Deep Learning Engineer
We've got a great opportunity for a talented Deep Learning Engineer to join an early-stage start-up in the Bay Area, creating state-of-the-art software to transform the visual capabilities of autonomous robots & cars. They have developed entirely new software techniques for inferring the geometry of the environment from passive sensors, running on commodity hardware, enabling cars and robots to understand their surroundings in real time & 3D. The team have top industry and academic backgrounds from Google, Oculus, Intel, UCLA, and MIT.
They are looking for a few great engineers and scientists. You will be one of the first 10 people on the team.
They have no non-technical managers. They are already revenue generating and have raised a large Series A round of funding.
- Lead research into 3D scene understanding.
- Oversee acquisition and labelling of a unique proprietary RGBD dataset.
- Design and implement state-of-the-art networks for semantic segmentation, object detection, depth estimation and more.
- Strong foundation in machine learning, statistics, and linear algebra.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of academic or professional experience in deep learning as applied to image or video analysis.
- Fluent in Python, familiar with C++.
- Deep knowledge of TensorFlow or PyTorch
Nice to have but definitely not required:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with strong engineering practices.
- Experience with self-supervised learning techniques.