Junior/Mid Unreal Developer (Contract to Perm)
Our client is looking for an eager, talented Junior/Mid-level Unreal Developer to join their BAFTA-winning team creating world-class immersive stories in London on a Contract-to-Perm basis.
They are now looking to expand their real-time offering for VR/AR experiences and is looking for a creative Unreal Developer with VR/AR experience (- particular interest in science/natural history/factual content a real plus!) to join the team, with plenty of scope to step-up into a more senior position.
You'll have a deep understanding of all stages of digital development as well as an understanding of each part the developer plays and how it contributes to the end-product. You should thrive on new challenges and would never be intimidated by something unfamiliar. You are passionate about your work and gain genuine enjoyment from seeing projects through, from start to finish.
You’ll be able to work alongside producers, creatives and CG teams, with an ability to communicate technical points and workflows in a clear manner. You will be a self-starter, problem solver and creative thinker able to adapt to current workflows and best practice.
Ideally, you will come from a game development background with previous experience in coding game engines or similar. You will have a very good understanding of the C# language and Object orientated development in general.
Previous experience in creating VR and/or AR experiences across platforms for PC, iOS and
Android is a must-have.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Solid C# experience, especially good knowledge of VR and AR.
- Excellent knowledge of Unity, Unreal and C#.
- Experience of developing and shipping software using Unity/Unreal.
- Utilising Unity/Unreal engine and the relevant programming languages to create gameplay mechanics, interactive elements and systems for real-time projects.
- A passion for interactive experience design and development, especially within their content specialisms (factual, scientific, natural history etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a wider non-dev based production team and take initiative.
- Extensive knowledge of Git relating to version control architectures for backing up, pushing and pulling work.
- Experience writing and debugging multi-threaded code
- Experience in a continuous delivery environment, working on a live product.
- A constant desire to learn and stay up to date with the latest advances in technology within our industry, including VR hardware and software and advances in rendering and 3D development.
Good to have:
- Published titles with Oculus, Steam or PlayStation VR.
- Knowledge and experience with AI enhanced projects featuring WrnchAI and OpenPose.
- Experience working with photogrammetry and videogrammetry assets within real-time.
- Familiarity with modern GPU architectures, and recent graphics techniques.
- Experience with real-time graphics and shader development.