A client of ours is looking for a technical leader to own thier audio platform solutions across multiple operating systems for DTS-branded products. This is a unique role and provides the opportunity to build a team of talented audio engineers within one of our European offices.
The successful candidate will have a good broad understanding of audio system architectures, with specific expertise on at least one key platform such as Windows, Android, iOS, OSX or console. The Audio Platform Lead will manage a team of platform-specific experts to develop cutting edge solutions for current and future platforms. Working with Business Teams and core DSP teams, the lead will be responsible for the overall solution design to address strategic initiatives across all delivery platforms including web-based services (cloud), mobile (iOS, Android, Windows) SDKs, OEM platform integration, and desktop (Windows APOs). The role will require high quality, timely delivery of end-to-end solutions.
The Audio Platform Lead reports directly to the Director of Mobile Audio Engineering. You will work closely with customer service teams, and sometimes directly with customers, to help facilitate the integration of our client’s ingredient technologies into OEM/ODM platforms.
The successful candidate has strong communication skills, expert-level technical skills, expert-level C/C++ skills, and experience working within agile development environments. They will have an enthusiastic approach to problem solving, a natural passion for collaboration, and an acute ability to adapt and learn quickly.
The role is based in one of our European offices and some long-haul travel (2-4 times per year) is expected to visit other offices or customers .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Audio Platform Lead:
- Works with engineers from their own team and outside, to design, architect and document platform-level audio solutions that will present consistent features across multiple platforms for a given product.
- Contributes to overall audio strategy by owning the strategic engineering thinking for platform-level development.
- Is able to communicate features and architectures for a wide portfolio of related products to all technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensures technical consistency of products through design reviews, code reviews, documentation reviews, and end-to-end testing including ownership of automated tests.
- Interfaces with partner organizations as a technical expert to understand their product pipeline and ensure DTS ingredient technologies will be compatible with future releases (e.g. Google, Qualcomm, Apple, Microsoft, etc.).
- Oversees coding standards, best practices, and guidelines across all platforms and products developed by the team.
- Provides an environment of mentoring and guidance for all team members
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement
- Supports growth and development for themselves and the team
- Leads recruitment and performance management as the need arises
- Works closely with quality-assurance engineers to maintain a high product standard.
- Works with the field engineering team to ensure rapid resolution of customer issues
- The Lead will be responsible for building and managing a new team of audio engineers with an emphasis on Windows and Android platforms
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree in computer science or engineering preferred. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience is required.
- 10 or more years of software development in a related role.
- Multiple relevant commercially release projects.
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to and leading technology teams.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and develop collaborative working relationships across multiple business units.
- Strong communication skills to champion and evangelize technology solutions to both technical and non-technical communities.
- Expert level knowledge of C/C++ is required.
- Strong understanding of audio signal processing and architecture.
- Proficient knowledge of at least one other programming language such as Objective-C, Java, Python, or other mobile and web based technologies is desired.
- Strong platform-specific knowledge on at least one leading operating system.
- Working knowledge of other common operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- Experience working in agile environments.
- Experience working with continuous integration systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Proficient in verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to work well in a globally distributed work environment.