Senior Software Engineer (Autonomous Driving Company) Boston, USA
Our client is radically accelerating the arrival of self-driving vehicles by tackling some of the most challenging problems that stand in the way of safe and reliable navigation.
Every road in the world has a unique subsurface signature. Our client uses radar to create a map of those subsurface signatures from which self-driving cars can navigate. Vehicles using their technology are unaffected by common but challenging road conditions like snow, heavy rain, fog, or poor lane markings.
They are working with leading autonomous vehicle companies, is backed by leading investors, is growing quickly, and is building a talented team that wants to transform the future of mobility and work on some of the hardest and most important engineering problems around. If that sounds like you, please drop us a line.
They are looking for a sharp and creative software engineer to lead their software development. You’ll develop new software on a linux platform, write firmware, and design/implement API for the sensor. Your focus will be on developing commercial radar systems for autonomous vehicles. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to support some of the leading companies in autonomous vehicles as they integrate their technology into their product.
WHO YOU ARE + WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Further develop, design, and refine API for their GPR.
- You’re comfortable thinking about the big picture and the small details. You enjoy making design and architecture decisions.
- Rapidly innovate to test and discard hypotheses.
- Low ego: you take your work seriously but can laugh at yourself
- Enjoy working with small, high output teams in a fast paced startup environment.
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward.
- Experience hardware-based API development in linux
- Fluent in C, C++
- Strong Linux background with familiarity in timing-sensitive algorithm development and implementation, memory mapping, mutexes
- 5 years or more experience in programming
- Significant experience developing unit, integration, and regression tests
NICE TO HAVE
- Masters in computer science related field or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Experience meeting automotive ISO standards a significant plus
- Fluent in GPU-based algorithm development, Python, VHDL
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US. Please indicate if you need or will eventually need sponsorship on your application.