Computer Scientist (Mapping Algorithms)
Our client is looking for a talented Computer Scientist with mapping algorithms experience to join their exciting start-up team near Boston, who are radically accelerating the arrival of self-driving vehicles by tackling some of the most challenging problems that stand in the way of safe and reliable navigation.
As the primary mapping algorithms computer scientist, you will lead their efforts around key algorithmic and engineering decisions for our radar-based map and sensor fusion-based localization algorithms. Your work will involve developing and driving the architecture for large scale multi-layer high definition maps for autonomous vehicle localization with a focus on radar maps.
WHO YOU ARE + WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and refine radar and multi-sensor-based mapping and localization algorithms for autonomous vehicle and mobile robotic applications.
- Understand key technical and performance trade-offs for HD map building.
- You’re comfortable thinking about the big picture and the small details. You enjoy making design and algorithmic decisions.
- Rapidly prototype to test and discard hypotheses.
- Enjoy working with small, high output teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward.
- Deep experience designing and developing mapping and localization algorithms
- Deep working knowledge of fundamental metrics and physics associated with LIDAR, camera, and related sensors.
- 3 years or more experience working in high definition map design and development.
- Fluent in modern C++ and developing within a Linux-based development environment
- Experience developing Deep Learning-based applications
NICE TO HAVE
- PhD or Masters in an autonomous vehicle mapping, localization, or sensor fusion related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Experience with Python, TensorFlow, and Matlab
- Experience with relational databases, especially PostGRES
- Experience working with radar data
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US. Please indicate if you need or will eventually need sponsorship on your application.