Embedded Software Engineer (Autonomous Driving)
Our client is looking for a talented Embedded Software Engineer to join their exciting start-up team near Boston, who are radically accelerating the arrival of self-driving vehicles by tackling some of the most challenging problems that stand in the way of safe and reliable navigation.
We're searching for an experienced engineer to take an important role driving embedded software development for our radar system. You will be responsible to design, code and test embedded software to support real-time acquisition and processing of radar data. You will be working with other engineers, skilled in software development, FPGA firmware and hardware circuitry to design and specify how acquire, process and transport radar data. You will have a major impact on the development environment, coding structure and test strategies.
As we move from prototypes, to pilots and to early production, you will improve and validate the designs and implementation, moving from rapid development to functional safety compliance. You will work with other engineers to implement, document and validate the design. You will discuss, understand and implement needs driven by our safety partners into the design.
WHO YOU ARE + WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Significant technical contributor developing embedded real-time software
- Expert on embedded micro-controller and microprocessor-based systems
- Expert at coding in C/C++ for optimal and predictable performance
- Low ego: you take your work seriously but can laugh at yourself, you've seen it all
- Enjoy working with small, high output teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated - knows what needs to be done and does it
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward.
- 4 years electrical engineering, computer science or related degree
- 7 years experience developing embedded software
- Demonstrable experience developing, releasing and supporting a successful embedded product
- In-depth understanding of hardware, software and firmware trade-offs in real-time systems
- Mathematical skills to understand and implement signal processing algorithms
- Experience using analysis and simulation tools to support design efforts
- Strong technical writing skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- Experience developing code to be qualified to ISO 26262
- Experience with AutoSAR or similar industry frameworks
- Experience with securely booting embedded systems
- Understanding of OS selection and operation in real-time environments
- Experience with modern development environments including cloud-based systems
- Knowledge of safety and coding requirements for the automotive industry
- Experience reading and understanding schematics and other engineering design tools
- Recent experience with Matlab or other simulation and analysis tools
- Experience coding in python
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US. Please indicate if you need or will eventually need sponsorship on your application.