3D Graphics Engineer (Web & Mobile), Advanced AI Company, Mountain View, CA
Our client is developing magical 3D experiences for a well-known and beloved global brand with hundreds of millions of users. They have an opening for an imaginative 3D graphics engineer, with strong 3D graphics and real-time rendering foundations, to join their lab.
In this role, you will design & develop exciting algorithms and production software to render 3D objects in real-time, with realistic illumination and textures, advancing the state-of-the-art for a novel web & mobile user experience. This position requires deep hands-on experience with 3D graphics, advanced rendering techniques, strong problem solving skills, substantial software development experience, and an appreciation for visual aesthetics.
Note this role is an advanced software engineering position, NOT a 3D modelling or animation role, and it is NOT sufficient experience to have rendered models using off-the-shelf software or libraries. Candidates will need to be very familiar with 3D graphics algorithms, and be capable of developing or improving rendering software from foundational theory. Unity experience alone is also insufficient.
- Strong foundations in the theory & practice of 3D computer graphics (graduate degree or substantial industry experience required).
- Strong Computer Science and software engineering foundations.
- Substantial hands-on experience with modern OpenGL development.
- Solid foundations in mathematics of 3D perspective geometry, linear algebra, matrix transforms.
- Hands-on mastery of modern GPU pipelines and shader programming.
- Experience with modern algorithms and methods for 3D shadows & illumination.
- Experience with WebGL and related 3D web platforms.
- Experience with native mobile 3D graphics above and beyond Unity (e.g. OpenGL ES, Vulkan, or Metal).
- Experience shipping production software to non-trivial audiences.
- Must have appreciation for visual aesthetics and user experience.
- BONUS: Familiarity with physically based rendering, global illumination, and ambient occlusion.
- BONUS: Experience with image processing and digital photography algorithms.
- Join a mission-driven R&D lab, developing compelling experiences for hundreds of millions of users.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and creative team of computer vision, AI, computational photography, AR, graphics, and design professionals.
- Health & retirement benefits.
- Headquartered in Mountain View, California, in the heart of the Castro Street downtown --- an easy walk from restaurants, coffee shops, the Stevens Creek Trail, and Caltrain commuter rail.