Senior Unity Developer - Leading Virtual Reality Studio, Ireland
Our client is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Ireland. In recent years, they’ve picked up multiple awards for their work..
Due to continued growth and success they are looking for competent Lead Unity Developer to join their team with 4+ years industry experience. The talented individuals must have vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, design and implement features that focus on user interactions using Unity as a primary development tool
• Translate business requirements to technical concepts
• Breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Develop high quality, scalable and robust code
• Develop technical documentation for internal use
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle - architecture discussions, design reviews, and code reviews
• Quickly create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs and interaction patterns
• Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities
• Constantly improve skills and knowledge through self-learning and share with the team to help achieve overall goals
Essential Knowledge & Skills
• 4+ years industry experience working with Unity or other game frameworks
• Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience
• Strong C# object-oriented programming (Mandatory requirement) & scripting language skills
• Strong 3D math skills
• Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc).
• Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
• Experience working on a physics-based game project
• Understanding UX design process and experience working with UX design team
• Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Experience with shipped applications on an embedded product or have published applications on an app store
• Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
• Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Desirable But Not Essential
• Experience with Photon Unity Networking (PUN)
• Experience developing applications using RESTful APIs
• Experience with delivering code for multiplayer games, having shipped at least 1 complete multiplayer game
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
• Worked as a gameplay programmer on an established team
• Experience in any XR platforms such as Google Daydream, Oculus Rift, Gear VR, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, or HoloLens
• Machine learning or experience with algorithm development
• Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
• 20 days Annual Leave,10 public holidays and closed for Christmas holiday period (which doesn’t affect your Annual Leave).
• Working 40 hours a week with flexitime.
• No weekend work or overtime, we value work/life balance!
• Relocation financial assistance available for new hires moving to Ireland
• Employee medical scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Employee Training & Development Scheme
• Employee bike to work scheme
• Employee Referral Program
• Free snacks, fruit, coffee and tea
• 100%%%% remote work
• Working with a kick ass team of experienced and awarding winning developers on showcase project