DevOps Engineer, VR Startup, Ireland
Our client is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Ireland. In recent years, they’ve picked up multiple awards for their work.
Due to continued growth and success we now have an opening for an experienced DevOps Engineer with 3+ years industry experience to join our dedicated team in Ireland. Prior experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or managed services provider setting is highly desirable in both a public and private cloud implementation setting.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let’s shape it together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the CTO.
- Primarily responsible for cloud infrastructure setup ensuring stability, scaling, security, and high availability of the platform.
- Responsible for infrastructure planning, testing, and development.
- Responsible for the deployment of builds to various servers and EXE & APK builds to various online Stores
- Responsible for backup and restore of platform critical data and files.
- Managing and deploying AWS Load Balancers, CloudFront & S3.
- Collaborates closely with the CTO, Product Owner & Dev Team to guide and address stability, scaling, security, and high availability of the platform.
- Responsible for maintenance of the security policy document.
- Implements an on-going cloud cost optimisation process.
- Constantly reviewing and monitoring cloud infrastructure setup looking for opportunities to enhance security, scale and add stability to ensure high availability of the platform.
- Liaison with client DevOps team to help install private cloud implementation of the platform.
- Liaison with third party companies during penetration testing.
Essential Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a computer science related course.
- Strong understanding of cloud architectures and implementation best practices.
- Experience with AWS, or other cloud hosting providers.
- Exposure & experience infrastructure as a code.
- Experience with one or more of those management and provisioning tools (e.g. chef, puppet, ansible, terraform, cloud formation, SaltStack)
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Raygun, Nagios)
- Excellent CI/CD experience.
- Working knowledge of Docker containers, Kubernetes & AWS ECS
- A deep understanding of automation tools.
- Experience using version control platforms (e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
- Experience setting up, maintaining, and backing up relational databases ( e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Good understanding of RESTful API
- Clear ability to assess priority of multiple issues
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities
- Excellent communication and people interaction skills, polite and professional, firm but fair.
- Comfortable communicating clearly and with ease to management and to development team.
Desirable but not essential
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem, and change.
- Previous experience managing and deploying Serverless applications.
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence or equivalent.
- Experience using Photon Cloud, Alibaba cloud & Digital Ocean
NOTE: This position is not suitable for Graduate, Junior or full time remote workers. Initially this role will involve working remotely due to Covid-19 but there is an expectation the candidate will be based in our Ireland office post Covid-19 restrictions. Having an EU work permit is desirable.