Machine Learning Engineer (Remote)
Our client is building the world‘s first verified forest carbon marketplace. They are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help develop state-of-the-art remote sensing applications. You will be working with an A team on the mission of restoring nature to solve climate change. Their datasets include high-resolution imagery from Maxar and Planet Labs, LiDAR and open satellite imagery.
Job is remote, but prefer a candidate to be within three hours of the Pacific time zone.
- Develop and maintain Pachama's remote sensing verification models.
- Interpret models and scientific studies to translate them into clean (and beautiful) code.
- Develop and improve our pre-processing pipeline.
- Experience processing satellite imagery at scale.
- Experience training and serving computer vision models.
- 5+ years of experience with Python.
- 3+ years of experience with TensorFlow and/or PyTorch.
- Deep understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experience working in fast paced teams.
- Hacker mentality.
- Beginner's mind.
Nice to Have
- Experience with PostGIS.
- Experience with Beam.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience processing LiDAR.
- CS Degree or equivalent.