CTO, Medical AI Start-Up, USA
Our client is a leader worldwide in artificial intelligence (AI) analysis of medical images. They help healthcare providers make better/earlier diagnoses and other clinical decisions.
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with innovative, passionate people on cutting edge AI that can literally save lives? If so, we are looking for someone to:
- Lead our tech team in research and development of all our products. Responsible for hiring and managing the team and delivering AI software products and data annotation tools per requirements - doing so on time and within budget. As part of this, you will:
- Work with our product leads and others internally to agree on product specifications and development and deployment objectives.
- Lead the design, development, and production of ML/DL models underlying our products
- Lead the design, development, and production of compelling product UI/UX
- Manage an agile product development process
- Manage and make ongoing improvements to our annotation platform to support medical imaging labeling.
- Research and implement new machine learning and data approaches
- Manage our data annotation process with our partner annotators – facilitating with internally-developed and other tools. Optimize annotation data quality and label consistency for R&D in a cost-efficient way.
- Ensure above complies will all applicable regulations per regulatory affairs and advisor guidance.
- Lead technical aspects of our products’ clinical trials, FDA clearance process and subsequent commercialization. As part of this, you will:
- Work with our product leads, regulatory affairs and other team members, as well as our advisors and collaborators.
- Contribute to the design and execution of our products’ clinical trials and support the FDA clearance process.
- Manage field engineers for product deployments and partner/customer support
- Determine necessary tech budget to accomplish above - managing the approved budget and team
- Passion for software development and improving healthcare for millions! Eager to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- 10+ years successful experience leading development of software
- 5+ years of health industry software experience.
- FDA clearance process experience preferred.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning and data science
- Strong track record of leading teams and working well internally (including across groups) and externally with partners, customers and other stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of agile product development methodology
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to manage – and thrive – amid ambiguity.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.