Distinguished Engineer - UI Architect, REMOTE (USA), AI Start-up
Our client is building a diverse team of dynamic engineers who value creating a high quality, high impact product. They are looking for a Distinguished Engineer to lead our UI and frontend team to help us build a highly scalable, robust, and performant conversational chat-based frontend and client applications. You will be a leader, mentor, and coach of our engineering teams and set best practices for the whole SDLC process as well as the development and engineering process of building frontend applications. By providing architectural leadership you will work directly with engineering leadership to design and build our user experience and frontend architecture. You will be responsible for leading a team and coding / hands-on with our platform. You will be responsible for setting the direction of our architecture and be the technical leader of our engineering platform teams.
- Software architecture and design methodologies specifically building frontends and user interfaces and client applications
- Leading a frontend team, coaching, mentoring and setting best practices
- Experience with design systems such as Atomic Design
- Excellent knowledge of modern web frameworks and technologies, such as Vue or ReactJS, TypeScript, REST/GraphQL APIs, WebSockets, HTML5, CSS, SASS etc.
- Extensive experience building responsive and mobile applications
- Deep understanding of browser variations and client-side performance tuning
- Advocate and evangelist for unit testing and TDD/BDD development
- Excellent communication, documentation, presentation, debugging and problem solving skills
- A thirst for making a huge impact toward company vision
- Experience WebSocket and data streaming applications
- Kubernetes, Docker, and building frontends using microservices, static and serveless