Senior Unity Developer -VR
Senior Unity Game Developer ( VR Project)
Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
Our client who is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios having picked up multiple awards for their work is seeking a competent Senior Unity Developer to join their team.
The talented individual must have vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with their highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company.
- 5+ years industry experience working with Unity
- Strong C# object-oriented programming (Mandatory requirement) & scripting language skills
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc).
- Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
- Experience working on a physics-based game project, source control systems such as Git in a multi developer team environment.
- Understanding UX design process and experience working with UX design team
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Experience with shipped applications on an embedded product or have published applications on an app store
- Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
- Plan, design & implement features to agreed timelines, both on your own and as a member of a feature-driven team
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Translate business requirements to technical concepts, Develop technical documentation.
- Designs & writes quality, scalable & robust code with security and performance in mind.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – architecture discussions, design reviews, and code reviews
- Quickly create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs and interaction patterns
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities
- Constantly improve skills and knowledge through self-learning and share with the team to help achieve overall goals
Good to have but not essential:
· Achieved Unity Certification
· Experience with Photon Unity Networking (PUN)
· Experience developing applications using RESTful APIs
· Experience with delivering code for multiplayer games, having shipped at least 1complete multiplayer game
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
· Worked as a gameplay programmer on an established team
· Experience in any XR platforms such as Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, or HoloLens
· Machine learning or experience with algorithm development
· Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
Note: You must be an EU resident or have a valid STAMP 4 visa to qualify for this role.
My Client is currently unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.