Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager, Lead
Are you passionate about building online communities? Do you enjoy creating and executing strategies to grow and create meaningful engagement within digital spaces?
As an online community builder, your mission is to foster the creation of a strong community across my clients community platforms by creating a strategy and measuring your success with meaningful metrics. You will be working closely with the moderators from the community to come up with engagement strategies for the community and execute them. In this role, you will be supported by the community team at and a group of really passionate community leaders.
Going forward, you will be a visible presence representing my client across their digital spaces by directly engaging with community members and, most importantly, act as a bridge between the company community team and the community.
- Build an online community strategy for our forum (powered by Discourse) and Discord.
- Set up metrics to measure success for community growth.
- Manage and grow a team of community moderators to help execute the community strategy.
- Create meaningful engagement within the community by coming up with innovative ideas.
- Work with the community team to relay feedback from the community as a community advocate.
- Advice communities(guilds) with their online community strategy and growth.
- 3+ years in online community building.
- Experience working with Discourse and Discord(tools, plugins, analytics etc.)
- A strong track record of ideating and executing strategy for online communities, specifically focussed at community growth, engagement and retention.
- A clear passion for engaging with people.
- Familiarity & experience with the open source communities or crypto communities is highly desirable.