Creative Director, (Leeds, UK), part remote, Game Development, AR/VR
A unique opening for a Creative Director has arisen, working with an award-winning game development studio specialising in full-scale immersive AR and VR content, as well as work-for-hire development.
This is a superb opportunity to join a world-renowned game development studio that makes fun games people love to play and talk about. Led by a team with big game experience at studios to include Rockstar, EA, Codemasters, Sumo, Team 17, and Dubit, creating games for some of the world's biggest brands, including Sony Pictures, Rovio, Dreamworks, BBC, and LEGO.
We are looking to hire a Creative Director to join the in-house team on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will be working in parallel with Head of Product and Head of Game Design to:
- Ideate game concepts (mechanical / visual / narrative)
- Envision the presentation package of a given product
- Lead a design team to efficiently produce gameplay content
- Provide connectivity between design, art, and development in terms of the overall product vision
To succeed in this role you must demonstrate a passion for the gaming industry and have the ability and knowledge to be involved in every stage of the production pipeline.
Objectives for the role:
- Be creative and have fun with a strong team
- With Head of Product and Head of Design, define product contents and presentation
- Communicate product vision to the team
- Steer game content production towards maximum efficiency and quality
- Ultimately, translate Senior Management’s product strategy into creative output
- Proven history in games design and development
- An in-depth understanding of the gaming industry
- An ability to engage in blue-sky creative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High energy and a desire to achieve
- Must have shipped at least four titles
- Some experience of development in VR / AR is preferred but not essential
You will ideally be based within traveling distance to Leeds, England to work within the studio in this post-lockdown world. A hybrid mix of studio-based work & remote working is possible