Head of Developer Relations, REMOTE, Blockchain
For our client, we are looking for a Head of Developer Relations to drive developer adoption. As a direct report to the CEO, you’ll create and launch a holistic strategy to attract, teach and delight our community of developers, as well as advocate and represent their voice internally. In this department leadership role, you’ll create a compelling mission and vision for your global team and use your skills and experience to accomplish big things together.
Our client is passionate about enabling community-driven innovation to benefit people worldwide and living to company ecosystem values. This role is your unique chance to directly inspire developers to build massively impactful apps on a decentralized web.
- Lead company efforts to build awareness and increase the number of successful developers launching their apps on our sharded, proof-of-stake public blockchain.
- Drive the efforts of formalizing and scaling our developer funnel.
- Define cross-functionally and implement a roadmap of exciting events, education initiatives, workshops, meetups, and focused sessions, including keynotes and speakers at industry and branded events to help developers evaluate our capabilities and learn how to contribute to community-driven innovation.
- Play a pivotal role in the long-term success of our developers by collaborating with engineering, product and security peers and providing direct feedback gathered from our developer community.
- Support and maintain our developer community.
- Establish yourself as a trusted technical peer and community advocate, as well as help your direct reports build their identity and credibility.
- Serve as the manager for a globally distributed team of developer relations professionals in engineering and video production.
- Experienced with building and scaling developer relations, technical advocacy or community management functions in emerging and established global technologies and markets.
- An inspirational person that understands how to build thriving developer communities
- Obsessed with making developers happy and can engage with communities in a credible way.
- Well known among developer communities and have a proven track record with inspiring speaking engagements, blog posts, and more.
- Able to build plans out of chaos, manage multiple workstreams, effectively set expectations among stakeholders, and prioritize your work from a long list.
- Proficient at establishing relationships internally to influence decisions, as well as savvy at building cross-functional alignment and promoting your strategies with your peers.
- Creative and passionate about generating grass-roots attention, support, and adoption of developer-oriented products from opinion makers and technologists in multiple developer communities.
- Capable and driven to create an environment where your team is able to realize their careers goals and build the next generation of leaders at the company and across our ecosystem.
- Savvy at empowering your team’s vision and strategy, delegating projects and responsibilities, and holding them accountable with clear expectations of needed results