Senior Engineer, Full Stack / Developer Relations, REMOTE, Blockchain
Our client building the baseline infrastructure of the new web but to be successful they need to cultivate an ecosystem of great applications. This means actively supporting the early developers and entrepreneurs who want to build on the protocol. And, of course, building new example applications, tooling and infrastructure they need to get started and grow.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you have a wide-ranging full-stack skillset and a love of working with other developers. Some days will require problem-solving and helping these developers build great apps while other days will involve creating new applications and tooling from scratch internally.
To be successful, you will need to be comfortable working quickly at the web/mobile application layer down to the blockchain layer to help troubleshoot and smooth out the developer experience for our partner developers. This requires interacting with the scripting and markup that defines the apps, the TypeScript/AssemblyScript and Rust APIs for creating smart contracts and a bit of Rust to understand what’s going on at the blockchain layer. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll need to be comfortable communicating frequently with both our internal teams and external developers.
- 5+ years building production-level applications and experiences in rapid iteration, high-quality environments like top-tier startups and consultancies.
- Demonstrated experience writing well-structured, clean, maintainable code
- Experience and interest in building and documenting developer-facing tools, APIs, SDKs
- Knowledge of Rust or alternatively C++ or Swift
- Open-source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Comfort operating across the full stack including front end web, mobile, back end, smart contracts, and dev ops.
- Strong communication and remote-friendly working skills
- Previously worked with end-users to improve their experience and success on a platform - this role will have a Partner Engineer component on an as-needed basis.
- Work with open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities