Senior Full Stack Web Application Developer
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Web Application Developer to join their growing start-up team in London working on creating a world where people and organizations can maximize potential through a global community of valued connections and opportunities.
Everyone on their team is a true product owner, responsible for ensuring excellence. They move fast (but thoughtfully), and are looking for a talented and impact-oriented Senior Full Stack Web Application Developer to join them.
In this role, you will be responsible for: building the first web interface and the associated Backend-for-Frontend; designing, developing, and maintaining our website, and leading part or all of the web development team. You will also need to ensure that your creations are secure, performant, easily deployable, respectful of device limitations, reasonably backward-compatible, cost-effective, and fit for purpose. In doing so, you will shape the company, and our collective ability to impact the world.
As part of a startup, your responsibilities will vary, but on a day to day basis, you will:
Build the product and manage the team
- Collaborate with management, design, and other development teams to define, design, and build new functionality as required, using clean and efficient code
- Design, build and refactor our web architecture as we evolve, with maintainability and efficient abstraction in mind
- Verify, test and deploy new builds
- Inspire and lead junior developers, ensuring their growth
- Mentor other developers to help them grow, and to ensure our design and development efforts and ethos remain aligned
Maintain the platform
- Troubleshoot, debug and enhance the existing codebase, driving towards a continuously more performant, more maintainable, higher quality, and responsive experience
- Proactively alert others to technical debt, and manage plans to address it without unreasonably compromising delivery timelines
Plan for the future
- Act as a product owner, with: zero tolerance for instability, a zeal for improving the development process and user experience, a desire to build designer-developer relationships that balance constraints on both sides, and a vision for what Kalido could do in the future
- Ensure you are on top of changes to browser rendering behaviour, web standards, security requirements, relevant software framework versions, and other material matters, so that we are always able to release quickly.
- Propose, evaluate, select, and integrate new technologies when needed
- Proactively suggest changes to balance cost, security, performance, and deployability
This opportunity is for you if you are:
- Experienced (4+ years of responsive web development in a commercial context, using the technologies noted below), with a strong analytical mind and an ethical approach to development
- Familiar with at least two JS libraries/frameworks (AngularJS, Angular 2+, React, Vue.js, Meteor, Ember, Polymer etc.)
- Comfortable learning new languages and frameworks
- Familiar with Golang and gRPC (Preferred, but not required)
- A strong believer in the importance of testing; and comfortable with Git, as well as continuous integration and deployment tools
- Preferably supported by a portfolio of published web software and/or open source contributions
- Knowledgeable about UX and UI, with a deep understanding of web standards, best practices and design patterns commonly used in web development, as well as the impact of design and content changes on searchability and load times
- A leader, experienced in managing small teams of developers through the entire software development lifecycle, in maintaining and continually improving a lean software development process, and in delivering high quality code reviews, with a toolbelt of best practices for professional software development
- Passionate about extracting every last ounce of performance from mobile and desktop browsers, and ensuring Kalido maximises the benefits available from the full capabilities of the browsers we support