Our client is looking for a Control Engineer to join an exciting autonomous driving start-up in Cambridge, MA. They're working on state-of-the-art algorithms to develop a human-like, predictive AI system for autonomous vehicles to navigate complex environments.
The ideal candidate has several years of work experience.
Role responsibilities include:
- Building and using models to simulate and test control algorithms, evaluating and verifying all aspects of dynamic behaviour at both component and system level
- Conceiving test scenarios and coordinating with other teams to conduct extensive software testing and field testing on autonomous vehicles
- Develop metrics and intuitive tools to evaluate vehicle dynamics controller performance
- Participate in architecture strategy & algorithm design reviews
- Conduct root-cause investigations, data processing and analysis of results from simulations and vehicle testing
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- Engineering background in feedback control theory: linear system analysis (time domain and frequency domain), stability analysis, frequency response, system identification, optimal control techniques
- HIL (Hardware-in-loop) testing and signal processing experience
- Strong experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about self-driving cars and robotics
- Basic understanding, and intuition for physics of multi-body systems
- Experience with coordinating, interpreting, and improving control algorithm requirements
- Experience designing test framework to ensure control algorithm compliance with requirements
- Working in a formal development environment (i.e. ISO26262)
- Robotics experience a plus