3D Reconstruction Researcher, Visual AI research and development lab, Mountain View, CA
Our client is a visual AI research & development lab in the San Francisco Bay Area, applying novel computer vision technologies to an exciting consumer application to be launched to hundreds of millions of users by a beloved global brand.
They have an opening for an applied 3D computer vision scientist with strong academics and substantial experience in 3D reconstruction and multi-view geometry, to join our core startup team of computer vision specialists. This could be a dream job for highly-motivated applied researchers with entrepreneurial drive.
As a 3D Reconstruction Researcher, you will work with their team of vision scientists in an applied R&D role, to innovate novel 3D pose estimation and 3D reconstruction technologies for our mobile and cloud-based applications, fusing hybrid features and unique geometric priors.
Candidates must have deep proficiency in 3D Reconstruction the foundations of sparse and dense perspective computer vision including multiple view geometry, structure from motion, MVS, SLAM. This position requires strong theoretical foundations, excellent software development skills, and sound scientific method. Candidates must also be adventurous and enthusiastically excited about an entrepreneurial innovation experience.
- Strong academic foundations from a competitive university/lab (Ph.D. preferred)
- Substantial experience building 3D geometric vision & 3D reconstruction technologies
- Strong computer vision foundations: Perspective geometry, feature detection/matching, stereo-fusion, camera calibration, optical flow
- Expertise in at least one one of the following: Structure-from-Motion, Multi-View Stereo, SLAM, Visual (-Inertial) Odometry
- Excellent C++ software development skills in Linux environments
- Solid Python programming skills.
- Solid math foundations: linear algebra, probabilities, non-linear optimization
- Excellent scientific method. You must be able to efficiently experiment and identify promising directions.
- Must be entrepreneurial, collaborative, and comfortable with ambiguity & uncertainty.
- BONUS: Experience working with RGBD data (e.g.volumetric fusion, geometry processing etc)
- Unique opportunity to deliver first-to-market, scene perception advancements to hundreds of millions of people.
- Opportunity to publish novel research, participate in conferences, and collaborate with partners in academia.
- We will sponsor U.S. work visas for international candidates.
- We are in a great location in downtown Mountain View, California, one block from Caltrain & restaurants, and close to the Stevens Creek bicycle trail.