3D Photography Research Engineer, AI R&D Lab, SF Bay Area
Our client is crafting visual AI algorithms into magical consumer 3D experiences for hundreds of millions of users.
They are looking for an imaginative vision engineer to join our 3D photography R&D team. In this role, you will develop algorithms to generate beautiful, 3D photography from smartphones, using the latest advancements in computational photography, depth perception, and image-based rendering, and deliver them to production for use by hundreds of millions of customers.
This position requires strong, professional software engineering skills in C++ & Python (production code, not research code), solid academic foundations in 3D computer vision, experience implementing high-performance algorithms using Eigen and numpy, hands-on proficiency with energy-based optimization, and a deep appreciation for photography and visual aesthetics.
This position will be fully remote during the pandemic and located in the Bay Area (or Seattle) once public health restrictions permit.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science with emphasis in Computer Vision & Graphics
- Mastery of C++ and Python software engineering in Linux environments
- Experience engineering large, elegant, maintainable software (not just research code)
- Strong 3D vision foundations (e.g. epipolar stereo, calibration, optical flow, depth)
- Familiar with computational photography (stitching, HDR, super-resolution, light fields)
- Experience implementing energy-based optimization algorithms for visual applications
- Deep appreciation for photography & visual aesthetics
- BONUS: Hands-on experience with panoramic mosaicing, seam carving, blending
- BONUS: Implemented successful, exposure-bracketed HDR photography technologies
- BONUS: Experience developing PyTorch or Tensorflow deep CNNs
- Existing USA work visa (or fast visa transfer) required -- no new H-1B visas