Technical Solution Design Consultant (Conversational AI)
Our client, a New York-based start-up, are looking to bring onboard a Technical Solution Design Consultant to join their talented, international team. They're creating conversational AI for customer service built for scale, developing a solution for inefficient chatbots and poor customer experience scores by building a full-stack platform with military-grade security.
Why you should join:
- They are a growing team of delivery experts, designers, engineers and data scientists focused on creating a communication platform allowing for intimate yet scalable conversations.
- They have a close-knit, high-performing Customer Success team that works collaboratively with the Customer Experience (Product Implementation) and Product teams to ensure the success of all our customers.
- They’re passionate about solving our customer’s most complex problems through intelligent conversational design and advanced automation integration.
- You’ll be given the freedom to develop new processes and bring fresh ideas to the table, while receiving the support and guidance from an experienced management team.
What we’re looking for:
Someone who is a self-starter with a knack for taking a solution from concept to reality. Solution Designers are the most critical role within the Customer Experience team, responsible for understanding a customer’s existing processes and transforming them into rich, engaging, and functional conversational solutions. As such, a Solution Designer needs to be inquisitive, have great attention to detail, challenge the status quo, and understand the nuances of end-user behaviors. Most importantly a Solution Designer must have the technical chops to create transactional experiences by leveraging APIs/microservices and working with Integration Developers on the team to build integrations to backend systems.
What you'll do:
- Work on multiple (3-4) customer accounts simultaneously from kickoff to production deployment.
- Design and develop conversational solutions, leveraging rich functionality and NLU capabilities native to their platform, that achieve our customer’s business goals.
- Own the overall solution design process, determining the appropriate integration logic, authentication protocols, and contextual/conditional logic necessary to deliver rich conversational experiences.
- Work closely with both business and IT stakeholders within our customers to understand user experience and integration requirements.
- Document integration requirements and provide to Integration Developers within the Customer Experience team to develop necessary backend systems via REST/SOAP API requests.
- Work with Product team to review and prioritize customer feature requests, advocating on the customer’s behalf.
- Collaborate with Engineering team internally to support any custom development work or integrations outside of the platform.
- Apply learnings from across Customer implementations and institute best practices for design and integration of individual use cases for our customers.
- Engage in knowledge sharing within the Customer Experience team and contribute to a growing repository of pre-build Starter Packs for our conversational solutions.
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering or Linguistics preferred)
- 2-4 years work experience (enterprise SaaS industry preferred)
- Experience in a customer-facing role (enterprise SaaS industry preferred)
- A curious mind, attention to detail, self-motivated performer
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team to extract best practices and learn on the job
- Professional demeanor and impeccable written / verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with messaging concepts and ability to create an automated, conversational solution leveraging available documentation from customers
- Understanding of (minimum) or hands-on experience working with (preferred) various authentication protocols (e.g., OAuth2, SAML)
- Understanding of (minimum) or hands on experience with (preferred) Natural Language Understanding (NLU) classifiers and concepts
- Exposure to PM / Issues Tracking tools (e.g., Confluence, Jira) and version control software (e.g., GitHub)