Programme Manager (VR)
Our client is leading the field in enterprise VR, making training, learning, and collaboration easier and more effective for everyone.
They are looking to hire a pragmatic, delivery-focused Programme Manager to join their London-based VR platform company.
You will be responsible for planning and tracking the successful delivery of custom VR projects, primarily: detailed resource planning, progress tracking & measurement and delivery.
As a key member of the team, you will be helping to deliver VR projects for big-name customers looking to innovate in the training space. This will cut across a range of industries including energy, healthcare, defence, automotive, logistics and more. You’ll be working with local and distributed Agile teams of Producers, 3D artists, Unity game-engine developers, platform engineers, QA and UX to deliver cutting edge VR experiences against time and budget.
This role is for someone who wants to:
- Take responsibility for multiple concurrent projects for large, multinational companies where VR is applied for high impact and real results
- Be part of small, passionate expert teams that move quickly
- Get hands-on with projects and wear different hats to ensure success
- Work with the latest VR, Web and 3D technologies to deliver groundbreaking projects
To be successful in this role, we are looking for the following:
- 3+ years Project/Program Management experience
- Comfortable working across multiple project teams
- Expertise with industry-standard tools and methodologies for managing projects
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to challenges and change
- Understanding and experience of Agile methodology is essential
- A pragmatic approach to delivering high-quality programs
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to ask hard questions in a collaborative manner
- An ability to grasp technical concepts quickly
- Collaborative working style, working with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Can embed in cross-functional Agile development teams as required, gain trust and work closely with other team members for the duration of a project
- Experience working with Software Developers building customer-facing software products
- Manage planning and throughput of multiple projects for multinational customers from sales to delivery, forcing and enforcing the hard decisions where appropriate
- Tracking and reporting to sales and management team progress of existing projects, highlighting and mitigating risks
- Ownership for forecasting and planning of forthcoming projects based sales pipeline, anticipating resource needs both internal and external
- Create delivery plans for large-scale, cross-team programs/projects
- Help define resource plans, success criteria and metrics for projects
- Identify, highlight and manage appropriate risks
- Work closely with the commercial team, producers and senior management
- Have experience managing bespoke technology projects.
- Be able to effortlessly juggle multiple conflicting and changing priorities and
- Experience in delivering creative content projects, ideally VR and real-time 3D/Unity
- Have worked as a Software Programme/Project Manager in an agency/consultancy environment
- Come from a technical background or have gained a strong understanding of technology through experience.