Senior QA Automation Test Engineer (VR Project) - Ireland
Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
Our client who is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios having picked up multiple awards for their work is seeking a Senior QA Automation Test Engineer to join their team.
The talented individual must have vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with their highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company.
· 5+ years manual and 3+ years automated functional software test experience.
· Candidate has achieved an honours degree in computer science/engineering or a related field.
· Excellent understanding of test engineering best practices, methodologies and processes.
· Experience using with at least 1 testing framework or tool (i.e. Cucumber, Selenium, Appium, TestCafe, Cypress, Puppeteer etc)
· Experience testing Web APIs.
· Experience with Continuous Integration using Jenkins (or similar tools).
· Experience with source control systems such as Git.
· Experience testing Android mobile applications.
· Good understanding of relational database structure and design. Comfortable creating SQL queries.
· Ability to quickly learn new systems.
· Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
· Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.Comfortable representing QA team and presenting to management.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Investigates new software tools & test frameworks that can be used by the QA team.
- Reviews test plans and test cases prepared by other QA team members to ensure good standards.
- Creates and maintains standard documents to be used by the QA team.
- Plan, design, implement & execute verification and validation tests and report bugs in a clear and concise manner.
- Manually test features that cannot be automated using scripted or non-scripted methods such as exploratory testing.
- Provide regression tests when functional changes are done.
- Design and develop automated functional and load tests.
- Work with projects manager and/or technical leads to define test requirements.
- Collaborate with the team in an Agile Environment to help create great features.
- Work to the best of your ability to meet project milestone dates.
- Provide solutions to design and implement automated tests.
- Identify areas for improvement to help make things better.
?Good to have not essential:
- Gained ISTQB Foundation Level certification.
- Experience with automated testing of Unity applications.
- Experience creating & maintaining JIRA reporting dashboards.
- Knowledge of video games industry.
Note: You must be an EU resident or have a valid STAMP 4 visa to qualify for this role.
My Client is currently unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.