Data Scientist - US -West Coast, US, social media, ios startup
Data Scientist - US - West Coast
We are looking to hire an ambitious Data Scientist to work with a unique and refreshing social media company who are committed to privacy protection and have built a platform that only allows original content. There are no outside links or political arguments here, only real updates from friends, the content they created themselves, not clickbait designed to hold your attention and manipulate opinion.
This is a business which has been designed to protect your privacy with private threaded sharing. Focused on people you really know, this is a company who is making social a safe, happy place again without personal data mining.
You will be part of a small, highly focused team building the next-generation consumer social platform.
With a strong core team and top investors, we’re looking for people who are passionate about building great products at a great company.
You will be collaborating daily with multiple areas throughout the Company including Marketing, Product Management, Design, Engineering, and leadership.
You will be working with a team where you can have a huge impact and everyone is a stakeholder in the Company’s success.
You are a Data Scientist who is passionate about using data to drive product decisions for the company’s iOS and Android apps.
You will have a technical and/or advanced degree in a quantitative or technical field and have experience with large data sets.
You are focused on results, data-driven decision making, a self-starter, and using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
Apply your knowledge in quantitative analysis, ML, data mining, and the presentation of data to understand how our users interact with our products.
Validated self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, deeply organized with unfailing attention to detail. Effective and efficient communicator.
Extremely pro-active, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them.
Identify roadblocks and solve with invention, innovation, and empathy.
Ability to plan and organize with and through people. Well-developed written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
Bring critical thinking and thoughtful opinion.
You need to be able to work independently with adaptability, integrity, tenacity, and a love of learning, imparting your knowledge and ideas to leadership, peers, and direct reports.
• Interface with Product and Engineering teams to identify trends, opportunities, and next steps
• Monitor product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
• Lead in building models of user behaviors for analysis
• Build dashboards and reports that will guide day to day and strategic decisions
• Determine key data sets for analysis
• Lead in designing and evaluating data experiments
• Iterate on analysis and experiments
• Exploratory Data Analysis
• Communicate experiment results to the rest of the team
• Inform, influence, support our product decisions and product launches
• Own data analytics infrastructure: Hadoop, Hive, SQL, or preferred equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
• Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
• Ready to dig in with a "Let's Get It Done" attitude to quickly solve problems with constructive solutions and a clear, respectful personality that others want to emulate
• Help build and maintain a “golden rule” company culture
BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical fields
Strong knowledge and development experience in PHP, Python, Perl, SQL, etc.
Strong understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis, clustering, regressions)
MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or other technical fields
Compensations Benefits and Perks
• Market competitive total compensation package
• Early employee "Founder-Level" equity compensation package
• Individual medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
• Generous vacation policy
• Paid holidays
Freedom and Flexibility are core to our values. We want you to be happy and we’ll work together to keep you that way.